The Manufacturing Academy is an industry-driven program at Catawba Valley Community College, developed by 25 partner companies from across Catawba County, and designed to prepare students for manufacturing positions currently in high demand by many of the region’s largest employers.
Students that complete this program will be fast-tracked for open positions with sponsoring companies.
The course introduces students to the basic concepts of manufacturing and careers with local companies. Program Modules include:
- Manufacturing Overview (42 Hours)
- Problem Solving (9 Hours)
- Math and Measurements (24 Hours)
- Teamwork and Communication (9 Hours)
- Safety (12 Hours)
- Introduction to Lean/Continuous Improvement/TQM/Six Sigma Overview and ISO Certifications (9 Hours)
To find out more about the program, register for the class, and learn about scholarship opportunities please contact Kristin Wright at (828) 327-7000, ext. 4294.
CVCC: Manufacturing Academy
Kristin Wright, Workforce Development & Innovation Center
(828) 327-7000 x.4297; firstname.lastname@example.org